Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (maXum) (9987)
The Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant provides diagnosis for patients/residents with communication disorders and swallowing deficits,
treatment planning & implementation, as well as preparing reports detailing progress. Consult with rehab team in order to coordinate the most
effective Speech-Language program.
The Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant practices and
objectives that will provide a high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, and goal
maXum Therapy is an out-patient clinic based in Placentia, CA, serving both children and adults. The maXum team is comprised of Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Speech-Language Pathologists dedicated to offering state-of-the-art care in a comfortable and personal environment.
We are a team of individuals committed to supporting each other, encouraging team members’ professional and personal growth, and continuously learning new skills so that we can provide top quality care to our patients and their families. Because our success depends upon the dedication of our employees, we are highly selective in choosing new members of our team.
Optimize speech and language ability skills among patients with a variety of speech and language disorders by carrying out the
- Provide quality patient care to patients who could benefit from intervention as prescribed by a state approved referral source and as recommended by the evaluating speech and language pathologist.
- Work under the supervision of a speech and language pathologist.
- Follow the written plan of care as recommended by the evaluating speech and language pathologist.
- Complete appropriate documentation of daily SOAP notes showing the progress toward identified objectives and goals (as
- indicated by the evaluating speech and language pathologist).
- Communicate patient status and needs to the supervising speech and language pathologist, as well as any other applicable professional.
- Participates in supervisory meetings, in-service trainings, and departmental meetings in order to receive and/or convey information about patients, treatments, and company updates for all procedures and policies.
- Demonstrate flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances, ensuring to enhance and expand patient relations with the company and other staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned in order to maintain productivity.
- Comply with the State Licensing Board of California, Title 22, CMS, and California Labor Board Guidelines.
- Must comply with company rules, policies and procedures
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Physical Job Description:
These physical demands are representative to the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant job.
- See projects through to completion.
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes increasing efficiency.
- Mathematical ability sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and figure averages.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in meetings and discussions.
Essential Physical Tasks:
- Ability to bend, reaches, or assists to transfer up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand and/or work 80% of an 8-hour shift.
- Visual and hearing acuity to perform job-related functions.
- Standard SLP supplies
- Computer keyboard
- Out Patient Clinic setting
- No unusual exposures.
- Safety precautions must be taken at all times.
- Licensed as a Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant for the State of California, or eligible.
- Must have valid CPR certification
- Must have a completed physical examination from a licensed physician.
- Must have a negative TB skin test within the past year OR a clear Chest X-ray within the past five years.
Knowledge, skills and Experience:
To perform the Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the company Speech- Language Pathologist Assistant. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entry-level to Experienced.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Travel as needed.
- Must be able to gather, analyze information timely and skillfully.