Senior Human Resources Administrator (10087)
interface rehab, inc. (“interface” or “Company”) is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Human Resources (HR) Administrator to implement a variety of human resource programs. We are focused on understanding what our employees need to succeed and providing it to them. At interface, we understand that our business thrives when our personnel thrive, and that starts by making the right support and resources available to them.
The Senior HR Administrator will have both administrative and strategic functions, such as staffing, compensation and benefits, training and development, and workplace investigations and disability accommodations. The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
If you are looking to take your HR career to the next level, this is the place to be. Due to the diversity of responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate will be a competent and resourceful individual with a passion for HR.
interface rehab, inc. is a patient-driven, innovative, long-term contract and full-service rehabilitation company that was established in 1995. We provide physical, speech, and occupational therapy services in various long-term care, skilled nursing, and acute care facilities.
We are a team of individuals committed to supporting each other, encouraging team members’ professional and personal growth, and continuously learning new skills so that we can provide top quality care to our clients and their patients. Because our success depends upon the dedication of our employees, we are highly selective in choosing new members of our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Assist with the tracking of departmental and company KPIs that support the accomplishment of the Company’s strategic goals
- Prepare and maintain reports necessary to carry out the functions of the HR Department.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars as necessary to represent the department
- Handle administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Support employees working through any immigration process, including OPT/CPT, TN Visa, H-1B, I140, and I485 visas
- Partner with the recruiting team to ensure high quality candidates are being recruited to the interface team
- Manage the open enrollment process
- Assist the CFO in liaising with the Company’s benefits providers and supporting employees with benefits related questions and concerns
- Manage the workers comp process including: responding to employee injury reports, sending appropriate paperwork to employees and managers, reporting all WC incidents to the insurance carrier, participating in quarterly WC claims review calls, actively managing the Company’s WC claims
- Assist with the implementation and tracking of Company safety and health programs
- Participate in department and Company committees to provide HR support and ensure completion of activities/achievement of related goals
- Conduct new employee orientation, as needed
- Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Conduct benefit orientations and other benefit training, as needed
- Assist employees with benefit-related questions and issues
- Track employee participation in and maintain records of Company trainings and in-services
- Track implementation, progress, and success of employee performance improvement plans
- Manage change of status notifications and related paperwork
- Periodically audit all HR databases to ensure accuracy
- Train and provide support to other HR team members
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Implement and administer human resources policies
- Assist in development and improvement of human resource policies
- Support the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Comply with Company rules, policies and procedures
- Comply with all applicable safety rules, policies, and procedures
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
- Support other HR staff in assigned project-based work, as needed
- Proactively takes on other responsibilities without specific direction from supervisors
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements
These physical and mental demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the HR Administrator. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the HR Administrator.
- See projects through to completion
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes increasing efficiency
- Mathematical ability sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and figure averages
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in meetings and discussions
- Daily sitting focused on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data, communicate over email, or analyze documents for over 60 minutes at a time
- Lifting of boxes and light equipment up to 20 pounds
- Report to work regularly and on-time
- Ability to travel, as needed
The HR Administrator will primarily be working in the Company’s Resource Center, at 774 S. Placentia Ave., Placentia, CA 92870. This office environment has no unusual exposures but safety precautions must be taken at all times.
Occasional travel to client premises will also be required. Client facilities are primarily long-term care, skilled nursing, and acute care facilities.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform the HR Administrator job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the HR Administrator. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field
- Two or more years of experience in HR positions
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Ability to manage time efficiently and handle multiple concurrent projects
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude
- Knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Additional training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relationships
- Experience with Paycom system.
- Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations
- Natural interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Ability to gather, analyze information timely and skillfully
- Able to work well in a diverse environment
interface offers a competitive hourly rate and also one of the best benefits packages in the industry. There is opportunity for advancement and increased responsibilities and compensation within the role.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the HR Administrator position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.