Rehab Administrative Assistant (5876)
maXum Therapy (“maXum” or “Company”) is looking for a detail-oriented, organized individual to serve as the Staff Rehabilitative Aide (“Staff RA”). The Staff RA assists with non-patient care activities such as clerical duties, billing and scheduling, patient transportation, and department housekeeping as required. Under the direct supervision of a licensed Physical or Occupational Therapist or Speech Language Pathologist, the Staff RA may also treat patients not under Medicare Part A or Medicare Part B insurance.
maXum Therapy is an out-patient clinic serving both children and adults based in Placentia, CA. The maXum team is comprised of Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists dedicated to offering state-of-the-art care in a comfortable and personal environment.
We are a team of individuals committed to supporting each other, encouraging team members’ professional and personal growth, and continuously learning new skills so that we can provide top quality care to our patients. Because our success depends upon the dedication of our employees, we are highly selective in choosing new members of our team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations
- Under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist, occupational therapist, or speech language pathologist:
- Assist with the provision of patient-related services non-Medicare Part B patients
- Assist with clerical duties and data entry
- Assist with re-stocking inventory for needed equipment/treatment tools
- Assist with linen supply & control (cleaning and storing)
- Maintain safe and clean working environment and treatment area
- Clean treatment area(s)/ and equipment daily or more frequently as needed
- Assist with the transportation of patients
- Prepare materials, treatment areas and/or equipment
- Monitor and encourage patients throughout their exercises/activities
- Document any treatment in patient’s medical records as required when involved with provision of patient-related services
- Relay all concerns and questions to the therapist to answer
- Report any problem areas/equipment within each facility to the appropriate supervisor immediately
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Comply with State Licensing Board of California, Title 22, CMS, and California Labor Board guidelines
- Comply with Company and facility rules, policies and procedures
- Comply with all applicable safety rules, policies, and procedures
This is an active patient care environment. This environment has no unusual exposures but safety precautions must be taken at all times.
- Must have valid CPR certification
- Must have a completed physical examination from a licensed physician.
- Must have a negative TB skin test within the past year OR a clear Chest X-ray within the past five years.
Knowledge, skills and Experience:
To perform the Rehabilitation Administrative Assistant job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the company Rehabilitation Administrative Assistant. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entry-level to Experienced.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment, and a billing software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to gather, analyze information timely and skillfully.
Physical Job Description:
These physical demands are representative to the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Rehabilitation Administrative Assistant job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Rehabilitation Administrative Assistant Applicant job.
- Mental Demands:
See projects through to completion.
Recommend and implement improvements to processes increasing efficiency.
Mathematical ability sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and figure averages.
Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in meetings and discussions.
- Essential Physical Tasks:
Ability to bend, reaches, or assists to transfer up to 100 lbs.
Ability to stand and/or work 80% of an 8-hour shift.
Visual and hearing acuity to perform job-related functions.
- Equipment Used:
Standard Rehabilitation Technician supplies
Out-patient clinical setting
No unusual exposures.
Safety precautions must be taken at all times.
THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF SKILLS, EFFORTS, DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES OR WORKING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE POSITION