interface rehab, inc. (“interface” or “Company”) is looking for a dynamic, self-starting individual to be a Recruiting Specialist on its recruiting team to be responsible for recruiting for RN/CNA/LVN/DON/MDS Coordinator/Administrator/etc. openings for Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF).
The Recruiting Specialist is responsible for helping define and execute recruiting strategies to ensure the Company is hiring the best talent and managers have a suitable pool of qualified applicants to fill their staffing needs. The Recruiting Specialist will oversee the entire recruiting process from creating a job posting, identifying and screening qualified candidates, scheduling interviews with relevant managers, collecting necessary credentials, negotiating compensation plans, creating and sending offer letters, and scheduling orientation and onboarding for new hires.
The Recruiting Specialist will also be an outside ambassador, building relationships within the community and representing the Company at job fairs and other industry events. The Recruiting Specialist is expected to develop compelling recruiting and marketing materials and to stay abreast of industry trends in salaries, benefits, and other compensation. Finally, the Recruiting Specialist must take a proactive approach to meet staffing requirements by attracting, sourcing and screening applicants using innovative techniques and building effective working relationships with candidates, colleagues and managers.
interface rehab, inc. is a patient-driven, innovative, long-term contract and full-service rehabilitation company that was established in 1995. We provide physical, speech, and occupational therapy services in various long-term care, skilled nursing, and acute care facilities.
We are a team of individuals committed to supporting each other, encouraging team members’ professional and personal growth, and continuously learning new skills so that we can provide top quality care to our clients and their patients. Because our success depends upon the dedication of our employees, we are highly selective in choosing new members of our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations
- Develop communication materials to be utilized in the recruitment process such as brochures, presentations, websites, etc.
- Maintain inventory of marketing materials.
- Assist with the travel arrangements or lodging accommodations for new hires, as needed
- Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning
- Work cooperatively with all members of the team to implement staffing plans and activities
- Administer the recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of immediate need
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates
- Post openings in leading magazines/journals, professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues
- Establish a recognizable “employer of choice” reputation for the company, both internally and externally
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, and source new candidate leads
- Maintain the accuracy of documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring managers interactions, and other recruiting activities to ensure a safe and thorough audit if required
- Administer the presentation, selection, offer, negotiation, closing, and administrative components involved in full lifecycle of recruiting
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements
- Conduct screening interviews
- Review the hiring manager’s interview performance with each candidate and take appropriate action when warranted
- Administer the logistics of all interviews between candidates and hiring managers by providing detailed information on the Company, our business strategy, department background, job descriptions, and expectations
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements
- Provide complete, accurate, and inspiring information to candidates about the company and position
- Prescreen candidates using questions developed collaboratively with hiring managers
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Extend offers of employment to selected candidates under the direction of the hiring managers and within the guidelines of the Company compensation policy
- Prepare and send new employee orientation notifications
- Perform detailed reference checking on selected candidates and reviews results with hiring managers
- Prepare and maintains reports necessary to carry out and/or improve the functions of the Recruiting Department.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as necessary and to represent the department
- Keep candidate records up-to-date by processing candidate changes in a timely manner
- Maintain candidate records and files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified candidates
- Post openings on the Company website, leading magazines/journals, professional organizations, newspaper, and in other position appropriate internal and external venues
- Utilize the Internet for recruitment:
- Post positions to appropriate Internet sources
- Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, and employees
- Maintain records and files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Comply with Company rules, policies and procedures
- Comply with all applicable safety rules, policies, and procedures
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
- Remain available for weekend coverage, as necessary
- Remain prepared to travel, as necessary
- Assume other duties as assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements
These physical and mental demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Recruiting Specialist. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Recruiting Specialist.
- Report to work regularly and on-time
- See projects through to completion
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes increasing efficiency
- Mathematical ability sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and figure averages
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in meetings and discussions
- Daily sitting focused on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data, communicate over email, or analyze documents for over 60 minutes at a time
- Lifting of boxes and light equipment up to 20 pounds
The Recruiting Specialist will primarily be working in the Company’s Resource Center, at 774 S. Placentia Ave., Placentia, CA 92870. This office environment has no unusual exposures but safety precautions must be taken at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform the Recruiting Specialist job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the Recruiting Specialist. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required
- Experience in all recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence
- Knowledge of employment law and rules governing the employment process
- Experience in database management and recordkeeping
- Knowledge or past use of server-based applicant tracking systems
- Ability to recruit for a broad range of positions
- Strong negotiation skills and excellent judgment
- Self-motivated, proactive, and independent worker
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing commands
- Ability to give, receive, and act upon constructive feedback
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Effective oral, written, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to gather and analyze information in a timely and skillful manner
- Ability to manage time efficiently and handle multiple concurrent projects
- Resourceful, problem-solving attitude
- Minimum 3-years of recruiting experience, preferably for a skilled nursing facility or in a healthcare setting
- Natural interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Able to work well in a diverse environment
- General knowledge of credential requirements for and federal and state laws and regulations applicable to the rehab services industry
interface offers a competitive hourly rate, and bonus structure for this position, and also one of the best benefits packages in the industry. There is an opportunity for advancement and increased responsibilities and compensation within the role.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Recruiting Specialist position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.