Physical Therapist (maXum) (9986)
maXum Physical Therapy, inc.. (“maXum” or “Company”) is looking for a caring, dedicated physical therapist to provide quality care to the residents. The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients/residents, communicates with their families, physicians, and other health team members, and maintains all necessary documentation of services in the patient’s medical records. Physical therapy services include: treatment planning & implementation, discharge planning, testing patients’ physical abilities, analyzing rehabilitation goals, and consulting with the rehab team and other health team members to coordinate the most effective treatment program.
maXum Therapy is an out-patient clinic based in Placentia, CA, serving both children and adults. The maXum team is comprised of Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Speech-Language Pathologists dedicated to offering state-of-the-art care in a comfortable and personal environment.
We are a team of individuals committed to supporting each other, encouraging team members’ professional and personal growth, and continuously learning new skills so that we can provide top quality care to our patients and their families. Because our success depends upon the dedication of our employees, we are highly selective in choosing new members of our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations
- Evaluate patients promptly, and per facility policies and expectations, upon receiving physician referral for treatment
- Develop effective treatment plans
- Obtain approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to treatment plan approved by physician
- Communicate regularly with supervisor, other members of the rehabilitation team, and nursing staff regarding patient treatment plan, progress, and prognosis
- Record evaluations, daily treatment notes, weekly progress notes, 14-day progress report to the physician, recertifications, and discharge summaries per Company and facility policy and procedure
- Complete all required documentation from your daily treatments/interventions prior to leaving the facility
- Educate patient families and facility nursing staff in treatment and any applicable maintenance programs
- Participate in discharge planning
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment (e.g., orthoses, walkers, canes elevated toilet seats, and grab bars) for patients to facilitate independent mobility
- Submit all billing logs and necessary information on a timely basis
- Report any problem areas/equipment within each facility to the appropriate supervisor immediately
- Comply with State Licensing Board of California, Title 22, CMS, and California Labor Board guidelines
- Comply with Company and facility rules, policies and procedures
- Comply with all applicable safety rules, policies, and procedures
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide necessary training and guidance to student interns as assigned, including:
- Supervising students during the internship
- Providing clearly defined, career-related (i.e., non-clerical) responsibilities and tasks in accordance with the students’ academic programs
- Informing student interns about and ensuring their compliance with Company, facility, state, and federal guidelines, and
- Completing any paperwork required by the Company or the students’ academic program
- Assume other duties as assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements
These physical and mental demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Physical Therapist. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Physical Therapist.
- Report to work regularly and on-time
- Ability to travel, as required
- See projects through to completion
- Ability to bend, reach, squat, move as required by patient treatment plans
- Ability to transfer or assist in transfer of up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand and/or work 80% of an 8-hour shift
- Visual and hearing acuity to perform job-related functions
- Ability to operate standard rehabilitation therapy equipment
The Physical Therapist will primarily be working in a skilled nursing facility. This is an active patient care environment. This environment has no unusual exposures but safety precautions must be taken at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform the Physical Therapist job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the Physical Therapist. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the State of California
- Valid CPR certification
- A completed physical examination from a licensed physician
- Negative TB skin test within the past year OR a clear Chest X-ray within the past five years
- Ability to gather and analyze information in a timely and skillful manner
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Resourceful, problem-solving attitude
- Proactive attitude and work-style
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- A customer-service focused attitude
- Natural interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Able to work well in a diverse environment
- Accept and act upon constructive feedback
maXum offers a competitive hourly rate and also one of the best benefits packages in the industry. There is opportunity for advancement and increased responsibilities and compensation within the role.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Physical Therapist position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.