interface rehab, inc. (“interface” or “Company”) is looking for a diligent, detail-oriented individual to serve as a Payroll Clerk. The Payroll Clerk helps with the implementation of Payroll Department services, policies, and programs assists Company managers and employees with payroll issues, as needed, under the direction of the Payroll Manager.
interface rehab, inc. is a patient-driven, innovative, long-term contract and full-service rehabilitation company that was established in 1995. We provide physical, speech, and occupational therapy services in various long-term care, skilled nursing, and acute care facilities.
We are a team of individuals committed to supporting each other, encouraging team members’ professional and personal growth, and continuously learning new skills so that we can provide top quality care to our clients and their patients. Because our success depends upon the dedication of our employees, we are highly selective in choosing new members of our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations
- Review, analyze, and check timecards for accuracy and make necessary adjustments or corrections through established procedures
- Ensure the completion of appropriate forms to adjust time discrepancies in the time keeping system
- Compile payroll data for internal purpose; submits to supervisor for review
- Sort faxes and mail received by the Payroll Department; distribute to appropriate employee mailboxes.
- Distribute and mail payroll checks
- Generate payroll related reports, as necessary
- Handle employee complaints or questions regarding timecards and time off requests
- Comply with Company rules, policies and procedures
- Comply with all applicable safety rules, policies, and procedures
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
- Recommend or participate in the development of new procedures and policies related to Payroll operations utilizing knowledge of, state and federal policies and regulations
- Support other Payroll staff in assigned project-based work, as needed
- Proactively takes on other responsibilities without specific direction from supervisors
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements
These physical and mental demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Payroll Clerk. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Payroll Clerk.
- Report to work regularly and on-time
- See projects through to completion
- Daily sitting focused on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data, communicate over email, or analyze documents for over 60 minutes at a time
- Lifting of boxes and light equipment up to 20 pounds
- Visual and hearing acuity to perform job-related functions
The Payroll Clerk will primarily be working in the Company’s Resource Center, at 774 S. Placentia Ave., Placentia, CA 92870. This office environment has no unusual exposures but safety precautions must be taken at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform the Payroll Clerk job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the Payroll Clerk. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Experience in payroll administration and other payroll programs
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment, and a billing software
- Effective oral, written, communication and organizational skills
- Able to gather and analyze information timely and skillfully
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Resourceful, problem-solving attitude
- Proactive attitude and work-style
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Previous experience in payroll in a similar environment
- Natural interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Accept and act upon constructive feedback
interface offers a competitive hourly rate and also one of the best benefits packages in the industry. There is opportunity for advancement and increased responsibilities and compensation within the role.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Payroll Clerk position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position