Front Office Assistants are required to be able to multi-task and perform efficiently. The duties of a Front Office Assistant vary, including welcoming guests/patients and family members, administrative tasks, front office tasks, and clerical tasks. Front office assistants are generally responsible for running the front office. Their duties include and are not limited to scheduling patients, organizing documents, updating and maintaining patient charts, interacting with and sending correspondences to insurance providers and individual patients, as well as handling insurance policy formalities. Front Office Assistants are always communicating with other people and may have to perform multiple duties at the same time.
- Greets guests/patients/family members as they enter the clinic.
- Managing daily sign-in sheets
- Notifies licensed staff of patient arrival.
- Answers incoming phone calls and scheduling of appointments.
- Sends and receives both regular mail and email.
- Assists with clerical duties and all that it may entail, such as data entry, billing and other paperwork.
- Verifies insurance information, and performs maintenance of medical records.
- Establish patient files and manage appropriately with updating insurance information/authorizations/prescriptions.
- Assists with inventory control, including general office supplies.
- Maintain a clean, orderly waiting area, daily or more frequently as needed and reports problem areas to the appropriate supervisor immediately.
- Demonstrates initiative in taking on additional responsibilities.
- Assists licensed staff with daily office tasks.
- Assisting in administrative and clinical tasks as directed by the Facility Administrator and/or Clinical Director.
- Ensures that daily front office operations are well handled.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and Experience:
To perform the Front Office Assistant job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. Front Office Assistants are professional, friendly and communicate clearly. They have basic computer skills, demonstrate initiative and are familiar with office telephone systems. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the company Front Office Assistant. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entry-level to Experienced.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment, and a billing software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral, written, communication and organizational skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Able to gather and analyze information timely and skillfully.
- Attentive to detail and perform precise record keeping.
- Demonstrate control and composure during stressful work pressures/situations.
- Excellent in prioritizing tasks and delegating to appropriate support staff if needed.
- *Must Be Bilingual- Speak English and Spanish*
May develop to: Front Office Manager
Physical Job Description:
These physical demands are representative to the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Front Office Assistant job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Front Office Assistant Applicant job.
- Mental Demands:
See projects through to completion.
Recommend and implement improvements to processes increasing efficiency.
Mathematical ability sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and figure averages.
Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in meetings and discussions.
Ability to maintain composure during a variety of situations.
- Essential Physical Tasks:
Daily sitting focusing on and operation of a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for over 60 minutes at a time.
Visual and hearing acuity to perform job-related functions.
- Equipment Used:
Credit card machine
Outpatient facility setting
No unusual exposures.
Safety precautions must be taken at all times.
THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF SKILLS, EFFORTS, DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES OR WORKING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE POSITION.